A rather random collection of posts/links to peruse at your leisure this weekendâ€¦
- If you are struggling with how to respond to the death of Osama Bin Laden (or, even if you arenâ€™t), this post by one of my college professors, Dr. Will Varner will be of immense help in sorting though the issue from a biblical perspective: â€œLet no one accuse me of fiendishly delighting over Bin Ladenâ€™s suffering in the fires of Hell. My comments have addressed his judgment in this life, not in the next one. His eternal judgment I will leave in the hands of the God of all the earth, who will certainly do the right and just thing!â€
- With Motherâ€™s Day coming up, this article by Dr. Russell Moore is a practical, empathetic, encouraging, and much-needed reminder â€œthat many infertile women find this day almost unbearable. This is not because these women are (necessarily) bitter or covetous or envious. The day is simply a reminder of unfulfilled longings, longings that are good.â€ Let us, as a church, remember that “the Proverbs 31 woman needs our attention, but the 1 Samuel 1 woman does too.”
- Diligently Lead Your Children to God â€“ a quote from J.C. Ryleâ€™s Expository Thoughts on the Gospels: Mark. If you are not already following this great site â€“ you should be! You will be both encouraged and convicted on a regular basisâ€¦a great, though sometimes uncomfortable, combination for sanctification.
If youâ€™ve read this site for any length of time, you probably know that I like books. (And, you will also know that that last sentence is a vast understatement.)Â And, when I can get good deals on good booksâ€¦so much the better!
- Feminine Threads: Women in the Tapestry of Christian History, by Diana Severance is on sale at the Westminster Bookstore for half off!!Â But, only through May 10thâ€¦so, go order now.Â (Diana, and her husband, are a part of our church family. Â I am enjoying getting to know Diana, and I am very much looking forward to reading her book!!)
- Uneclipsing the Son, by Rick Holland is available to pre-order from Kress Biblical Resourcesâ€¦also for half off the regular price! (This book will be officially released in June of this year.)
- And, while youâ€™re thereâ€¦go â€œlikeâ€ Kress Biblical Resources on Facebookâ€¦They are giving away one copy of the book One With A Shepherd, by Mary Somerville. (To enter, tweet or leave a comment on their Facebook page in appreciation of your mom or pastorâ€™s wife.)