It has been a few months since I have updated on the boy.
He is 15 months old…today.
And as of his check-up yesterday here are his current stats:
Height: 31 1/2 inches (60th percentile)
Weight: 22 1/2 pounds (25th percentile)
And, just for fun:
At 15 (and 1/2) months, Hannah weighed in at 20 1/2 pounds, and was 31 inches long!
I never would have guessed that they were so close in size!
Yes. I have long, skinny babies.
Titus has been busy these last few months…and keeping us busy just trying to keep up with him!!
Sadly, now that he seems to have overcome the “picky” phase, and is excited to try just about anything Mommy and Daddy are eating, we discovered that he is allergic to eggs. And, we have also (very recently) been trying out a gluten/wheat-free diet for him to see if it helps with some other issues. His favorite foods seem to be meat (yep. All boy!), cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, toast (so thankful for gluten free bread!!), crackers (now on the no-no list until I can find a gluten free substitute!), oatmeal, Cheerios, Kix, fruit (oranges, bananas, strawberries, pears, peaches), and macaroni and cheese (fortunately, I have a stock of gluten free pasta in my pantry…although I have absolutely no idea why it is there!). He used to love green beans, peas, carrots, and sweet potatoes…but he is not so interested in “baby food” anymore, and the “real food” equivalent, apparently, just is not the same.
He started walking…and is now running everywhere. This kid is quick!!
And, he is talking up a storm! If you don’t understand “one-year-old,” it may not sound like much to you. But, if you spend enough time with him you just might end up having a real conversation with him! I’ve tried to write it phonetically, just the way he says it, and included the “translation” in parentheses, just in case you aren’t fluent in Titus-ese.
He can say:
- Dada and Daddy (Usually said in an excited squeal when he hears the garage door open, or keys in the front door when Jason gets home!)
- Nana (Hannah)
- Unkey (Monkey)
- Igger (Tigger)
- Bye-ba (Bible)
- behyee-buh (belly-button)
- kitteh (kitty)
- maow (meow – in response to “What does the kitty say?”)
- Ba (ball)
- Ion (lion)
- Ahhh (rawr – in response to “What does a lion say?”)
- Eeba (Zebra)
- ack-ack (quack-quack, both when he sees a duck, and in response to “What does a duck say?”)
- When you ask “What does a chicken say?” He responds by clicking his tongue. (He always stops when I try to record it though.)
- And, if you ask “What does a fishy say?” He will suck in his cheeks and make the cutest little fishy-face!
He can sign:
- Please (correctly now!)
- Thank you
- More (he originally used this sign for “please,” probably because I would usually sign “more, please.” But he just recently figured out the correct sign for “please,” and has started using this sign for “more.”)
And, he can identify:
(Can you tell what song we’ve been singing a lot of recently?)
- Belly-button (He is rather obsessed with belly-buttons, so I apologize in advance if one day he greets you by lifting your shirt and proudly declaring “behyee-buh!“)
- If you ask where his nose is, he will point to yours…never his.
- He also likes pointing to – or forcefully poking – your eyes.
Animals are another passion. He can pick out:
- monkeys (his favorite!)
- And, oddly, just like his sister, the Ibex (Dr. Varner, and all TMC alumni can be impressed now.)
Oh…and maybe most impressive, he is now sleeping…all. night. long. We are talking 11-12 hours. Each night. Do you know how glorious that is?! Yes, I know. Some babies do that much earlier. Mine didn’t. I am just thankful that he is now sleeping well!